Low Blood Sugar

Wednesday, February 24, 2010
These are the signs of low blood sugar:

* Dizziness, shakiness or trembling
* Nervousness
* Rapid heartbeat
* Trouble concentrating
* Headache
* Irritability, moodiness or anger
* Sweating, chills or clamminess
* Tingling in your face or lips
* Extreme hunger

I don't experience extreme hunger. Everything else is fairly frequent, almost on a daily basis. I remember taking a biology course a few years ago and having my professor explain hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia. I suddenly realized that I was having lows and highs throughout the day because I'd use sugar to get through the day and then have a period of intense withdrawal or a "low". So that was back in 2006 and I still haven't done anything different with my diet or had my blood sugar levels checked. I just also saw that nightmares and night sweats can also be a sign.

No comments